Qualified individuals interested in filling the seat for Director District E on the Poudre School District Board of Education (recently vacated by the resignation of Nicholas Holian) are invited to submit a letter of interest and affidavit certifying that they are qualified. The deadline to apply is noon on Monday, April 21.
Director District E covers a northeast area within the school district’s boundaries, including Wellington and areas north of Fort Collins.
The individual appointed will complete the first half of Holian’s term on the board, representing Director District E, serving until the successful candidate for the second half of Holian’s term is elected in November 2015 and has qualified. The individual appointed will have the option of running for a two-year term to serve the second half of Holian’s term in the November 2015 election.
Current board members will select a slate of finalists to interview from the applications submitted. Interviews will be conducted Tuesday, May 6. After the finalist interviews, the board will appoint a new member representing Director District E.
To qualify for the vacant board seat, applicants must meet the following requirements:
• Be an eligible elector of the Poudre School District for 12 consecutive months; and
• Be a resident of the Poudre School District for 12 consecutive months; and
• Be a resident of Director District E; and
• Must not have been convicted of a sexual offense against a child.
The Board will verify qualifications through records of the Larimer County Clerk and Recorder and the applicants’ affidavits.
To apply for the vacant board seat, individuals must submit the following on or before noon on Monday, April 21 to the Secretary of the Board of Education at 2407 LaPorte Avenue, Fort Collins, Colorado 80521 or email@example.com:
• Letter of interest stating why the applicant is interested in serving on the Board of Education, describing any background/experience the applicant has relating to the work of the school board, and explaining what, if any, involvement the applicant has had with schools.
• Affidavit verifying no conviction, guilty or no-contest plea, or deferred judgment and sentence for sexual offense against a child. The affidavit can be printed by clicking here or can be picked up in the office of the Secretary of the Board of Education at 2407 LaPorte Avenue, Fort Collins, CO. The board will conduct background checks on all finalists.
Individuals serving on the PSD Board of Education do so without pay. Regular meetings are generally held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month. Meetings on the second Tuesday of each month usually include a dinner session beginning at 5:30 p.m. followed by a business meeting at 6:30 p.m. Meetings on the fourth Tuesday of each month usually include a dinner session beginning at 5:30 p.m., then a short business meeting beginning at 6:30 p.m., followed by a work session. Traditionally, board meetings are not held in July.
Periodically throughout the year, the board may hold special meetings and retreats outside of the regular meeting schedule. Board members also serve on one or more committees that meet periodically during the year.
For more information about the Director District E position, contact Tessa Daggett, board of education secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-490-3607.