- You must be an AMATEUR photographer - photography has never contributed significantly to your income.
- Photographs must be taken in Larimer County or Weld County, Colorado. If you have questions, please call 970-221-0213.
- Photographs must be taken during 2012.
- Two age group categories: Adults and Youth (age 18 and younger).
- All photos must be submitted as prints. Color or grayscale prints are accepted. No photocopies.
For all categories, print quality, composition and exposure are important. Preference will not be given to 8 x 10 photos. Photos do not need to be matted.
Label the back of each submission with your name, address, phone number, email address, approximate date of photo, location of photo, age category and category
you are entering. DO NOT write directly on your photograph.
Photographers may pick up their entries at the North Forty News office after
April 1, 2013. Otherwise, they will not be returned.
A panel of independent judges will choose one grand prize winner from each age group plus the best photos from each topic. Please enclose a signed entry form with your submissions.
- RISING FROM THE ASHES: Your best photo of renewal. A refurbished car from an old heap. A refurbished piece of furniture. Or maybe an image of something awesome, like a sunrise, that inspires you.
- FRIENDS AND FAMILY: Laughs, smiles, faces of family or friends. (Pets can be your best friend. Right?)
- MACRO PHOTOGRAPHY: This is closeup (also called micro) photography. Any subject qualifies, but the image on a standard print should be life-size or larger. Focus on
the most important part of the subject.
Thanks for participating and sharing your view of our region with our readers.
Please enclose this entry form with your submissions. It must arrive at the North Forty News office by Monday, Feb. 1, 2013,
at 5 p.m. By entering the contest, you give the North Forty News permission to publish your submission in the newspapers and on the web site.