Qualified individuals interested in filling the seat for Director District D on the Poudre School District Board of Education vacated by the resignation of James Ross are invited to submit a letter of interest and affidavit certifying that they are qualified. The deadline to apply is noon on March 13.
Director District D covers a northwest area within the School District’s boundaries.
The individual appointed will complete James Ross’s term on the Board, serving until the successful candidate for Director District D is elected in the November 5, 2013 election and has qualified.
The current Board of Education members will select a slate of finalists to interview from the applications submitted. Interviews will be conducted the week of April 1 to 5. After the finalist interviews, the Board will appoint a new member representing Director District D at its April 23 business meeting. The new Board member will have the option of running for a four-year term on the Board in the November 2013 election.
In order to qualify for the vacant Board seat, applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
• Be an eligible elector of the Poudre School District for 12 consecutive months; and
• Be a resident of the Poudre School District for 12 consecutive months; and
• Be a resident of the Director District D.
To apply for the vacant Board seat, individuals must submit the following to the Secretary of the Board of Education at 2407 LaPorte Avenue, Fort Collins, 80521:
• Letter of interest stating why the applicant is interested in serving on the Board of Education and describing the education, training, experience and/or other qualities the individual wishes the Board to consider in evaluating his/her application.
• Affidavit verifying no conviction, guilty or no-contest plea, or deferred judgment and sentence for sexual offense against a child. The affidavit can be printed by clicking here or can be picked up in the office of the Secretary of the Board of Education at 2407 LaPorte Avenue, Fort Collins, CO. The Board will conduct background checks on all finalists.
Individuals serving on the PSD Board of Education do so as volunteers. Regular meetings are generally held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month. The meeting on the second Tuesday of the month usually includes a Dinner Session beginning at 5:30 p.m. followed by a Business Meeting at 6:30 p.m. The meeting on the fourth Tuesday of the month usually includes a short Business Meeting beginning at 6:30 p.m. followed by a Work Session. Traditionally, Board meetings are not held in July. Periodically throughout the year, the Board may hold special meetings and retreats outside of the regular meeting schedule. Board members also serve on one or more committees that meet periodically at other times.
The public is invited to attend a question-and-answer style community forum with the applicants on April 2 at 7 p.m. in the Boardroom at 2407 LaPorte Avenue.
For questions, contact Tessa Daggett, Secretary to the Board of Education, at 970-490-3607 or email@example.com.