No Larimer County organizations have requested volunteers to be deployed at this time, but community volunteers will be needed in the days and weeks to come. Those interested in volunteering can call 2-1-1 or 970-407-7066 to register their contact info in our volunteer database. They will be notified when volunteer opportunities are available.
Financial support to voluntary agencies responding to disasters is the most effective way to help. Larimer County nonprofits providing direct support right now:
• American Red Cross, Northern Colorado Chapter
• Larimer Humane Society
• Salvation Army
• Cash allows disaster agencies to purchase exactly what is needed.
• Do not go to the scene of a disaster to offer help.
• The arrival of unexpected volunteers and material donations will interfere with response efforts.
• Donate ONLY those things that are requested by officials and bring them to the official designated collection center.
• Items not needed may go to waste and get in the way of relief efforts.
• It may take a few days to determine what items are needed and to set-up officially designated collection centers to receive them.
• Call 2-1-1 or 970-407-7066 for more information about donations and volunteers.